2 Bucks and Change

2 Bucks and Change

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Grandma Roos Halloween Party (10-23-10)


Every year my Mom throws a Halloween party for the Grand-kids. They love it and look forward to it. It is a great opportunity for the kids to get together to play games and have fun. I am grateful for all the hard work my Mom has done to make these events special. These are the type of memories that will live forever with my kids.

This year, before the party, we all got together and had a family picture taken of the six siblings and then one with just the fourteen grand-kids. The kid picture was very entertaining to watch. My boys (who are 11 and 9) and Kylie's kids, were really the only grown up kids, so it was stress free for us. I have very vivid memories of the last grand-kid picture we took. My boys were 4 and 2, which was a horrible time to try to get them to sit still for a picture. So it was fun this time, to sit back and smile at my sibling trying to calm their little ones and get them to sit in the picture. In the end, we chose the picture with the most kids smiling and the most kids looking at the camera. It was still surprising how many kids were not smiling, or were being held against their will by another kid to be in the picture. Poor Zoey was so mad she was being forced to sit there, that she was turning red. I think Mason was ready to run away. Fond memories. I wonder how many Grand-kids we will have for the next picture...

No comments:

Post a Comment