2 Bucks and Change

2 Bucks and Change

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Annual Truck Trip with Hot Hubby (June 23, 2010) First stop South Dakota

South Dakota. . . the first stop on our week long truck trip. We were supposed to head out on Monday, but ended up having to wait until Tuesday in order to fix something on the truck. Every year I take a week off work to drive around with Dave on the truck. I always look forward to this time with him. It goes to show you that he must love me, to be stuck with me 24 hours a day non-stop and still want to be with me:)

This is where we unloaded our
rebar that we picked up at Nucor Steel in Plymouth. When I got out to watch them unload, I was approached by a lady working there who commented on my choice of shoes. I was wearing flip flops and apparently needed steel toes shoes to be allowed to walk around the job site. She settled for the tennis shoes I brought along. She was really nice and talked to me for a bit when Dave was outside working. Dave found a bird that had made it's nest way up in the crane!

This is our second year in a row to e
nd up in South Dakota! It is really beautiful there. I believe it is also called the grasslands. It's makes our desert look really brown. I loved looking at the flowing grass hills! This is our second time to only be miles away from Mnt Rushmore. I told Dave that we have to come back with the kids and actually stop to visit Mnt Rushmore next time!

Here are some pictures of us driving through South Dakota. . . You can just double click on a picture and it will show you a full size version.












No comments:

Post a Comment