2 Bucks and Change

2 Bucks and Change

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Truck Trip (June 25, 2010) Texas & New Mexico

Here is a picture of the Texas state sign.


Here is a picture of the New Mexico state sign, only a couple of hours later. Notice how different it is to look out the same window. Those darn bugs.


In New Mexico they were doing road construction and whoever had the job of placing cones in the road were either drunk or couldn't walk a straight line. The cones were all over the place! One would be on the far right side of the lane, the next one off on the left side of the lane. You could just look at them and seem them curving all over the place! If I was the one driving, I probably would have hit several of them.




In New Mexico, at a rest stop, we ran across the funniest group of people! There were two guys and a lady, who had bikes on the back of their car. We assumed they were  participating in some type of marathon.

At first only one guy was out of the car, standing up with his knees bent and his arms raised up toward the sky. He would come down a little with his legs and go back up again. I asked David what he was doing and he told me that they were Muslims praying toward the East. . . Stupid me, I thought Dave was being serious with me. For one, I had no idea where East was to check his story and two, I realized he was being funny when the guy started doing jump kicks in the air. It didn't take long for the other guy to join him.

It was one of the funniest things I have seen other people do in public. They were so entertaining, we just stayed and watched until the group left. I couldn't decide if they were doing karate moves, mediation moves or what. It was hard to get a close up picture, seeing how we were in the parking lot for big trucks and they were in the little car parking lot. 


 New Mexico beauty. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment